Cambelt & Water pump checks and replacements
This is one item that must not be compromised on. Broken cambelts quite often wreck otherwise perfectly serviceable engines.
Many, but not all, cars use a toothed belt to drive the camshaft(s). This is what you need to do ...
- Find out if your car does have a cambelt. Check the manufacturer's data or if you are not sure give us a call and we will be happy to advise.
- If your car is fitted with a cambelt, find out the manufacturer's recommended belt-change interval. Check with Automotive Solutions Greerton for replacement intervals for your car.
- Get the belt changed at the recommended intervals.
- If you are uncertain about the service history of the car (as with most Japanese imports), get the belt changed.
- If you are buying a car that has a cambelt, factor a belt change into the price you pay, unless you have very good (documented) evidence the belt has been recently replaced.